Thursday, January 31, 2013

A January Wrap-Up

I just really can't believe that this is only my 3rd post for the month of January.
This may be the most wild and crazy January I have ever had.
I really don't know where it went.
Well...when I look back at my pictures, it gives me some clues.

I decided to do a January Wrap-Up post...
I had so much to share...
recipes,
sewing,
organizational projects...
But just never found the time.

I'm hoping I do better in February.
We shall see.
 January 1st started out with a Cousins Day at Sky Zone...an indoor trampoline/arcade/laser tag/pizza/pop type place.  My Auntie Lynnie got this for all the kids for Christmas and so we all met up there on New Years Day.  A crazy good time.
 Spent some time organizing with some new gel pens and mechanical pencils...a new planner...and a new organizational calendar that I am still getting the hang of.
 We celebrated my little dudes 9th Birthday.
 He requested his favorite...Popcorn Cake.
 He and his buddies enjoyed a Friday night at Grand Slam...an indoor laser tag/mini golf/bumper cars/arcade/batting cages/pizza/pop type place.
 I got Lasik...and now I get to cut onions with goggles on.  It's really fun when my kids have their friends over and I'm making dinner and they're like, "look at my mom!".  Thanks guys.  I appreciate the support.
I can't believe how my contacts were like an onion shield!  Who knew?
 I made homemade veggie broth.
 My girls got crazy with a friend (Carly).  I can't tell you how many pictures I have of me and my bestie doing this when we were youngsters.  Major flashback moment.  Did I just say "youngsters"?
 I made about 15 wool (and denim) skirts.
 I enjoyed some afternoon coffees while working in my happy mess.
 I made lots of flower pins with my wool scraps.
 Chocolate Chip Pancakes...oh my goodness.
 I set up and priced my stuff while getting ready for a Craft Boutique.
 Sweetie traveled a lot in January...the kids and I enjoyed movie nights with Chocolate Chip Cookies and Buttered Popcorn.
 Packed up and ready to go!  Poppy picked Lulu and I up for the Craft Boutique/Swim Meet at 6:50am.
 Lulu swam like a Champ...literally...she got 2 Champ Times at this meet and that girl is going to swim at State!  (here with her swim bud Ellie)
 Our post-swim-meet ritual...a date at Noodles.
 Buttermilk Pancakes and Strawberries...oh my how I love pancakes.
And lastly...as in, last night...I made some new curtains for the entrance to my Sewing Studio.
I gathered up tons of fabric and trim from my stash and made up some beauties.
They deserve a post of their own.  So...I will share those next week.

In January...we also:
attended wresting practices and meets
lots of swim practices
soccer started with practices and games
lots of sleepovers
Les Miserables...
book club
field trips
ladies night out down town
small group (2)
celebrated my dad and brothers b-days
dog sat
had friends over for dinner
nature center
sledding party at church
hosted Rook Club (cards)
piano lessons
dentist appts for the kids and me
lots of post-op eye dr appts

OK...now I feel better about not finding the time to post on my blog.
May February be more calm and peaceful...one can dream.

I'm hoping to be back tomorrow with a fun organizational project that I have planned for the year.
See you in February!!!

Love!  Tiffany

"Jesus, may there be less of me and my junk and more of You and Your kingdom".  7: an experimental mutiny against excess...by Jen Hatmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment