Monday, February 4, 2013

A Super Bowl Party! (and a veggie dip recipe...)

 We hosted a Super Bowl Party last night for one of our Small Groups (yes we're in two) from church.
And, by small group, I mean 33 people.
The adults are severely outnumbered...
12 adults and 21 kids.
Lots of food,
lots of chatting,
lots of ping pong,
and a bit of football watching...
 Lulu and I made Homemade Twix Bars...
we found the recipe on Pinterest.
You basically just make a shortbread crust
and drizzle with caramel and chocolate.
They were yummy, but we didn't have quite enough caramel.
 Look at all my iPhone tricks!
Collages and text added to photos...
Daisy and Lucy are teaching me so much!
 Lemon, Lime, Mint Water.
 Snacks.
A bit on the healthy side...
but can I just say that the veggie tray was completely empty by the end of the night!
We also ordered pizza and had bowls of mini candy bars around.
 Congratulations to the 4 lucky winners our Point Squares!
(Sasha, Lindsey, Ethan, and Cristen!)
 For years I had been searching for the perfect homemade veggie dip.
I found it.
I have been making this for about a year now.
Works perfectly with veggies or ruffled chips.

Onion Veggie Dip:
2 cups sour cream
3 tbsp dried minced onion
3 tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp seasoned salt (Lawry's)

Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Serve with veggies or potato chips.

Couldn't be simpler!
Enjoy!
 MJ and I went to Marshall's last week and he helped me pick out this yummy candle.
My tradition is to light a candle in the evening after I get the kitchen all cleaned up.
I turn the lights on dim and place the candle in the middle of the (clean) island.
It helps us all wind down at the end of the day.

Some Homeschool stuff...
 I wanted to try something new with our quiet reading time...
Today, MJ got to pick where we would all read.
He wanted to read at the kitchen table with hot cocoa.
We played some Tchaikovsky in the background...
Tomorrow, Daisy gets to pick where we read,
the background music,
and what our drink or snack is.
 In January...we changed up our writing time.
We started writing a book together.
Throughout the day, everybody gets a chance to write a couple of sentences.
Currently in our story, the family is on vacation in Hawaii taking surfing lessons.
Well...have a great Monday!
Planning on showing my new curtains on Wednesday!

Love!  Tiffany

"May we bless our children that they may grow up to fulfill the mighty calling on their lives".
Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment