Monday, February 25, 2013

Food Monday

 My food pictures from last week are a bit boring.
I know we ate some good stuff...
I think we ended up being too busy for photos.
Above is a snack of:
pears, apples, cheddar cheese, and whole wheat pretzels.
We enjoyed this during our quiet reading time.
  A plate of Buttermilk Pancakes.
 Banana Bread for Saturday morning...
a request from the kids.
 Yaya and Poppy brought these French croissants all the way from the
Caribbean and dropped them off at our place at 6:30am
on Sunday.  What a treat...and welcome home!
Lucy and I made a triple batch of whole wheat tortillas.
The girls were hosting their book club and we had
cheese quesadillas
with homemade salsa and guacamole.
 We made cupcakes for dessert.
This book is outstanding.
The first chapter on "food" was just OK for me.
The second chapter on clothing and the third chapter on possessions
is really affecting me.
An example...
I was all excited to drop the kids off at piano lessons today
and hit the local Goodwill to see what goodies I could find.
After reading a bit today, instead, I am going to come home 
and go through all the "goodies" (aka: junk) that I already have.
Hoping to fill a big bag that will leave this house
instead of bringing another big bag in.  (I think I just made Sweetie smile)
I'm kind of excited and I'm kind of bummed.

Have a great day!

Love!  Tiffany

"Maybe food simplification is a good idea for all of us, and for more than one reason."
Seven:  an experimental mutiny against excess by Jen Hatmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment