Monday, February 11, 2013

Foods from last week...

I finished "Tiffany's Cookbook" a few months ago...
now I'm working on a new app that I got for my iPhone.
I got the Menu Planner app.
So...I'm working on getting all my recipes into my phone
so that I can plan meals on the go.
I can hit the store for exactly what I need b/c it's all right there!
It's a bit of work up front (what isn't!?!), but I think it will be worth it!

Above photo...our lunch.
Wasa Crackers, AkMak crackers, Triscuits...
Organic Cheddar Cheese,
Veggies and Dip...grapes. 
 Boiling up some corn on the cob...kids love this stuff.
 My favorite Green Drink...
spinach, celery, cucumber, carrot, pear, banana, water
 Lucy and I split the vegetarian bowl on our date night at Chipotle.
 Breadsticks and Salad.
I'm working on re-making the Olive Garden dressing...
their recipe calls for corn syrup, vegetable oil, and mayo...
three ingredients that can't be found in my kitchen.
 Getting a big pile of chips and cheese ready for Sweetie and me.
 Lucy was craving Cheesy Potatoes...so we had these for lunch today (with corn on the cob).
This is the picture before going into the oven...
I'll have to share this recipe sometime...it's delish.
This morning we had Amish Oatmeal with diced apples and raisins.

I went to the store to get milk and pick up some Valentine Treats
for the kids to attach to all the Valentine's that they're making.
Unfortunately...I checked the ingredients label...
everything had corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, soy lecithin, and red 40.
I could not believe it!  I should have checked at Trader Joes when I was there on Thursday...
but, I just wasn't thinking.
So...we're thinking of making a million little Spritz Heart cookies
and put them into little bags and tie them with ribbon.

If you have any cute ideas for Valentine "treats" that are not
highly processed...keep me posted!

Off to swim team for Lucy...

Love!  Tiffany

"Once you find several main dishes, vegetables, sides, and desserts you and your kin take pleasure in, begin to group them into menu plans.  Grab some large index cards or a notebook".
A Life that says Welcome by Karen Ehman

No comments:

Post a Comment