Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Foods...+ a Basil Zucchini Cream Pasta recipe!

 Hi!
I tried to get this post out yesterday...
but I don't know what happened.
I always like to blame it on "life".

Last week I made some fish tacos with
guacamole cream and mango slaw
on a homemade whole wheat tortilla.
I loved them!
The rest of the family were not fans
so I probably will not be making them again.
(Thanks for the recipe Auntie Nancy!)
Sweetie is more of a pan fried walleye with tarter sauce kind of guy.
 Some fresh caught walleye filet's from my Sweetie!
 I was in the mood for Hot Chocolate last week...
I made a big pot of it and warmed it up throughout the week.
 A little snack for our...
 ...quiet reading time.
 The kids have already been out jumping on the tramp.
And, this snow isn't going away anytime soon!
More snow came yesterday and it's still snowing!
Yippppeeeeee!
 A little snack for when they came in.
 The kids have been asking for stuffed peppers.
Sweetie can't stand these things...
 I made them vegetarian with bulgur instead of ground beef.
I still need to tweak the recipe a bit.
They were a little "thick".
 Another snack...
grapes, chips with homemade salsa and leftover guacamole cream.
 And now for one of my favorite recipes ever!
Grab a bunch of basil...
(I snipped mine off my kitchen plant!)
 Grab some Parmesan cheese, cream, salt, pepper, and parsley.
(oh...and garlic and an onion!)
 Boil up some whole wheat pasta while making your sauce.
 Gulp...I could eat this constantly!
I made it last Thursday when I dropped the girls off at theatre class.
I had to pick Lulu up early and get her to swim team so I told
her that I would bring her dinner in the car.
She was so excited when she opened up that little container!
(two little cookie dough balls for dessert:)).
Here is the recipe:

Basil Zucchini Cream Pasta:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 zucchini, sliced into sticks or shredded
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup fresh basil, slivered
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
12 oz bag of whole organic whole wheat pasta, cooked
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
Add zucchini and continue to saute for 5 minutes.
Add cream, basil, and seasonings.  Turn up heat to med-high and boil for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour over cooked pasta!
Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
 Whooops...I made a new recipe for
Lemon Blueberry Bread.
We were a little impatient...
fortunately, my girls love the gooey center pieces.
It was like blueberry pudding!
 I spent the weekend at the A/B swim finals with my Lulu!
She's the yellow cap, second row up from the bottom...
warming up with her breast stroke.
So proud of that girl!
 We had Italian Dunkers and Fruit Slushies for dinner.
Some of us were drinking our fruit slushies before I took the picture.
 For the Fruit Slushies...all I did was blend up:
frozen blueberries, frozen pineapple, 2 bananas, and water.
 A little bonus recipe...
Daisy was requesting an iced coffee yesterday.
All I do is put a tablespoon of sugar in the glass,
fill the glass about 2/3 full of cold coffee, stir,
add cream or half and half, stir,
top with ice and enjoy!
Saint Michael schools are closed today!!!!
I'm hoping to get some sewing in!  In fact, I was so excited about getting to sew today that I grabbed Lulu and hugged her so tight and quick that I knocked her in the jaw.  Sorry Babe!
MJ is still sleeping and the girls are already out shoveling.
He might be mad...he loves to shovel.

Have a wonderful snow-y Tuesday!!!

Love!  Tiffany

"Aside from coffee, reading was her only indulgence".
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
(I'm listening to this one on audio book)

No comments:

Post a Comment