Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Here's what I did on my snow day! Upcycled Skirts...

 I mentioned yesterday how we got a crazy amount of snow for March.
I also mentioned how excited I was for my sewing day.
I spent a lot of time bringing fabric tubs in from the garage.
Then, I went through it all.
Then I looked at the pile of 40 items that I just purged from my closet.
I've been wanting to make upcycled skirts out of...well, upcycled materials.
Preferably out of all the stuff that we don't need anymore.
I had all these knit shorts that I didn't want anymore.
 The shorts.
 After some trial and error...I found it works best to measure and mark down from the waistband.
Rather than cutting straight across.
I placed my markings about 4 1/2" down from the bottom of the waistband.
Cut.
 "New" waistbands!
 I added a little skirt to the bottom of the waistband.
 Then I gathered up a bunch of our old t-shirts in neutral colors.
 I cut a massive amount of 3 inch strips.
 I connected all the strips and ruffled them.
 I attached ruffles to "new" skirt.
I'm kind of loving these skirts.
If you are kind of loving these skirts too, you can head on over to my Etsy Shop.
The link is right over there on the right hand side of my blog...
otherwise, click here.
If that link doesn't work, the address is:
 Thank you snow...
...for the opportunity to hunker down and have a sewing day!

Love!  Tiffany

"I found myself whistling while I was pulling the front part of my hair back into a barrette, and later again as I skipped down the stairs".
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment