Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Food Day...

 Last week did not include some of my best food moments.
Sweetie was traveling all week and then the weekend
was filled with celebrating the life of
Grandma (GG) Max.
She loved sweets...so in honor of her...
we consumed some sweets.
Above, is a photo of Lulu's meal on the go in between
theatre class and swim team.
Havarti Cheese slices, whole wheat pretzel sticks,
a clementine, 2 cookie dough balls.
(she's like her mama...we just LOVE cookie dough!)
 Tuesday is our tradition of ordering Sarpino's pizza.
(Buy one get one free on the large pizza)
 I was fairly burnt out by Thursday last week...
and, after dropping the kids off at class, I headed to Starbucks.
Grabbed a coffee to go (after purchasing glue at Target)
and headed home for 3 dreamy hours of sewing.
 I made a green drink.
 I made some whole wheat french bread for toast and eggs.
 After Grandma's burial, the family (30 of us) went out to lunch at Axel's
in Mendota Heights.  Amazing.
 Popovers with butter and maple cinnamon butter.  Oh my.
Iced tea.
 Greek salad and French Onion Soup...my favorite.
 When I purchased my coffee on Thursday...
I got a surprise of getting a free Tazo tea the next 3 days after 2pm.
You'd better believe I cashed in on a Chai!
Then, my sweet sister-in-law gave me her coupon,
and, I cashed in again!
 My Green Drink:
2 cups of spinach
3 carrots
3 ribs of celery
1/2 a cucumber
1 pear
1 banana
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 cups of water

Blend and enjoy!
 I really love this green drink.
The pear and the banana give it just a touch of sweetness.
 That recipe makes (4) 16 oz jars.
My mom and I drank them all weekend to keep things moving.
And, boy, does this drink keep things moving!
 Loving the chia seeds.
 All things in moderation.
The chocolate fountain with:
marshmallows, strawberries, brownie bites, pound cake,
pineapple, bananas...heavenly.
And, of course some cake.

Hope you all enjoyed what was on the table last week!

Love!  Tiffany

"Our house is your house.  Sit down and eat".
The Color of Water by James McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment