Saturday, July 6, 2013

Books...

Hi Guys!
I have posted exactly "zero" times in the last 3 1/2 months
(if you don't count my "taking a break" post and my
"I'm back...kind of" post).

Can you guess how many projects I've completed in that time?
Mmmm Hmmm...zero.

Little Blog...I think I need you!
I need to be accountable.
For some reason, my little projects are more fun when
I get to post a before and after photo.

I woke up with two projects on my mind.
1.  The books in the hallway
2.  My sewing room

Today, I decided to start with the easier of the two.
The books in the hallway.


This has been a mess for quite some time.
I know Sweetie has noticed it since he walks past it every morning.
He hasn't said a thing.
Bless his heart.
 This look doesn't make me want to pick up a book and read.
 Ish.
 Time to get started.
I removed all the books, grabbed a damp cloth, cleaned each shelf, and started to put the books back with some rhyme or reason.
 Pretty, no?
I am giving one book of bags to my little niece.
I am storing 1 bag of books to bring out later.
I pulled a stack of books that I am going to use for our Read-a-Louds this school year.
I pulled all our history and science books to be placed in a different location.
I guess I should add that to my list of things to do
since that "location" has yet to be determined...
 I'm thinking of typing up a spreadsheet
(oh, how I love spreadsheets!)
of all the books on each shelf and having a little box next to each of my kids names.
Then, as they read a book, they can put a little X in the box.
How fun would it be to have X'd all the books on a shelf!
I'm thinking they won't think it's as fun as I do, we'll see.
I hope you're all having a wonderful summer.
Chat soon...

Love!  Tiffy

"I want to be a better girl than I am.  
I want to feel a hundred times more thankful than I do. 
 I want to feel more, what a blessed thing it is to be the 
wife of a good man, and to lead a peaceful life".
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment