Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Balanced Day

 Since my last post, A Journey, I have been rudely awakened to all the areas in my life that I am totally a classic North American Suburban.
 We have all we want and more.
We have too much and we're totally used to it.
 But...
I'm enlightened by two things.
1.  I am aware of my situation.
2.  I want to change.
 Hoping and praying for the time to put towards my sewing
so that I can earn money to give away.

Here is a little list I came up with to have a more
Balanced Day...
This is my goal for Monday-Friday.
I have 15 hours in a day.
5:30am-8:30pm
I figure I can spend my time this way:

5 hours...homeschool
30 min...with God (plus check-ins all day!)
30 min...with Sweetie (catching up)
30 min...exercise
1 hour...clean/organize
1 hour...sew
1 hour...kitchen (cooking, cleaning, food prep)
1 hour...read

That totals 10 1/2 hours.
I still have 4 1/2 hours!!!
Now...of course this will get eaten up with all the kids activities
and homeschool activities and drive time.
But, when you think about how many hours we actually get in a day,
there should be no reason that we can't divide it up and get the important stuff done.
It seems crazy to have to add in 30 minutes with my Sweetie...
but, seriously, we could go days without communicating.
Rush rush here and there.
 August readings...
So...even though we probably totally look like a spoiled
North American family...
I figure, you've got to start somewhere.
We will continue to serve and give.
God is good.

Love!  Tiffany

"Give freely and spontaneously.  Don't have a stingy heart.  The way you handle matters like this triggers God, your God's, blessing in everything you do, all your work and ventures.  There are always going to be poor and needy people among you.  So I command you:  Always be generous, open purse and hands, give to your neighbors in trouble, your poor and hurting neighbors".
Deuteronomy 15:10-11 (the message bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment