Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bye Bye, Facebook!

Well...I went and did it.
I am officially off of Facebook.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time.
Finally, I woke up at 3am (two weeks ago), and decided, the time is now.
I could go on and on about all the reasons that I felt this was right for me.
But, here are a few:
1.  My world was getting too big.  Know what I mean?
2.  My news feed was so cluttered with people I don't really know and too many "fan" pages that I've "liked" over the years.
3.  A need for some privacy.
4.  Time.
5.  Too many emails.
6.  Social Media overload.  (I deleted Twitter, too)
7.  Setting a good example for my kids.  Showing my kids that we don't need to do things just b/c everybody else is doing them.

Yes...I could have taken the time to clean up my page and "hide" people/things.  I could have done several things to change most of my reasons given above.  But, it really came down to the fact that I don't care enough about it to spend any time making changes.
This is in line with my need to simplify and make time in my life for things that really matter to me.
I can't tell you the "lightness" I felt once I did this!
I'm not saying that I will never be back on...but, at this point, I have NO plans to ever re-join.

I am still on Instagram...mostly b/c I really enjoy it.  I also like to keep up on my girls.  We have had several conversations about what is and isn't appropriate in the world of social media.
Instagram doesn't send emails and it isn't high maintenance.
I enjoy posting a beautiful sunrise, food, sewing projects, etc.

Take care and find a way to simplify your life!
Baby steps...

Love!  Tiffany

"He opened the door to the cold little room my mother used for sewing".
The Round House by Louise Erdrich

No comments:

Post a Comment