Saturday, October 19, 2013

Happy Fall.

I have discovered two completely fabulous blogs!!!
I am so excited about them, that I just have to share.
There is a link over on the right hand side under
"In Love with these Blogs".
The first one...
Living Well Spending Less
has so many great tips for keeping your home simple and tidy!
I spent DAYS getting ideas from Ruth!  (we're tight)
Then...I fell upon the blog
Life(in)Grace.
I have adopted Edie's menu planning system and am just so crazy excited about it!
I am using my Apple Calendar and updating it with a chore rotation (for the kids and myself) and then I am doing my menu planning on there.  In the notes you can copy the whole recipe so that you can easily check what ingredients you need whether you are home or out and about.  I am having the chores repeat each week and the meals repeat every two weeks (breakfast and lunches) or every month (dinners).  The other (well, there are too many to count) tip that I got from Ruth's blog (we're totally BFF's) was to not check email (or your computer) in your morning hours!  Duh!
You know what it's like when you sit down in the morning to "check a few emails".
All of a sudden it's an hour later and you're just starting to make a dent!
So...for the last two mornings (yep, I started something on a Friday!  I'm a total Monday girl),
I've set my alarm for 5am.  I get up and shower and get dressed right away.
I come downstairs and get my coffee and have my bible time and also plan out my day.
This is usually from 5:45-6:15.
Then, I take the next hour or so and clean/organize.  Still not checking the computer!
Around 7:30, I'll start breakfast.  We'll eat at 8am and then get school started.
Today (Saturday), I did my same routine but of course, we didn't have school...so I made a "little" list of chores that the kids could work on before they went about their days.
They did:
Poop Duty
Wiped down all kitchen chairs
Unloaded the dishwasher
Fed/Watered Coco
Put all their laundry away (neatly)

I am really going to work hard to keep this routine up.
I'm getting rid of stuff stuff stuff.  
Did you know that it's easier to clean when you have less stuff to shuffle around?
It's like rocket science.  I don't know why this concept is so difficult.
So...
I'm not sure when I'll have the time to sew again or exercise, but,
the house is getting clean and there is good food on the table!
Haha...that reminds me of a Pin on Pinterest that my Auntie Nancy posted awhile back...

Today's Modern Woman

Clean house.
Healthy dinner on the table (at dinner time).
Fit, trim, and well groomed.
Works full time.
Laundry done and put away.
Great sex life.

...pick any two

Haha...oh my goodness.  That one always cracks me up.
It's just not possible to get it ALL done.
I'm doing my best to find a balance.
One of my goals is to get the kids seriously involved in the cooking and cleaning.
Which means that I need to lower my standards a touch and practice being patient.

Well...if you are needing any motivation in the cleaning/decluttering/meal planning areas of your life...I highly recommend that you go visit my "friends" Ruth and Edie!

5am will be here soon.
Take care!

Love!  Tiffany

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.  It wold be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment