Monday, November 25, 2013

Chimichanga's

 I started making these Chimichanga's last summer.
They're easy and they can feed a crowd!
 My pictures are probably from at least 3 different times that I've made these.
You can tell that I've used 2 different tortilla's and I've changed up my by bean technique.
 My favorite tortillas are either:
2.  Costco's raw tortillas in the refrigerator section by the hotdogs and cheese...60 tortillas for under $7 and only 5 ingredients.  (been using these a ton lately!)
3.  Trader Joe's homemade tortillas

Here is how you make these babies:

Chimichanga's:
Tortillas
Re-fried Beans (vegetarian...I use Trader Joe's)
Shredded cheese
Olive oil spray (in Misto)

Basically, you just spread some refried beans on your tortilla,
sprinkle on some cheese,
roll it up, spray with olive oil,
and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

They get nice and crispy.  I slice them in half at an angle and top them with any taco toppings of your choice:
lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, olives
Enjoy!
We just finished dinner and the kids and I got our chores done.
I'm fading fast because I forgot to have my afternoon coffee (how did that happen?!?).

We've got a date in a few minutes to watch Little House on the Prairie.
We're on Season 9.  We've almost watched every episode!

Well, we got through Monday...have a wonderful week of thanksgiving!

XOXO Tiffany

"The discipline of thanks only comes with practice".
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment