Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sewing (and reading!) Wednesday

 Sewing Wednesday…I've missed you!
I am feeling like I've got a handle (again) on cooking and cleaning.
I'm on week 5 of my new routine…it's awesome.
Hoping to share on Friday.
I'm hoping to slowly but surely add in sewing and exercise and more blogging.
I'll keep you posted.
For now…this is a little project that I worked on this fall.
I found this little dress at Goodwill for $1.49.
 The top of the dress was a flimsy little tank top.
I loved the skirt part of it!  And, it already had a fabulous elastic waistband.
 Snip, snip and the top was gone.
I went in with my seam ripper and removed the remains of the top.
The skirt hem has kind of a "shirt tail" look to it.
Easy project!
 We got this book delivered on the release day.
Lucy and MJ had to figure out who got to start it first.
 I caught MJ reading it on a Saturday…
something that doesn't happen often enough in our house!
Umm, that's the kids aren't often caught reading on a Saturday…
Mama is a different story.
I just finished Harry Potter Book 3.
Daisy is reading this series a second time through.
She really wanted me to read it…so I am.
I have to say…it is not my ideal style of book,
(I love memoirs and historical fiction)
but, I am completely enjoying them!

Reading any great books lately?
Are you in the middle of a sewing project?
Chat soon...

Tiffany

"The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed…"  Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (book 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment