Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Black Bean Enchilada Casserole (vegetarian)

We just finished up our school day and all our cleaning is done,
 and I'm sitting down with my afternoon coffee looking forward to some "blog time".
I made this recipe last month or so while Sweetie was traveling.
I used to get away with cereal dinners, or "snacky" dinners when Sweetie traveled...
but, as the kids get older, they are really wanting more and better food.
They want a meal.
So, I searched through some recipes that I had saved on my computer and came across this one.
I had all the ingredients, so I got to work.

Get everything prepped.
Then, sauté up the ingredients and layer it up like lasagna. 
 Pop it into the oven!
 And, enjoy!
Black Bean Enchilada Casserole

2 cups onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups red pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 cup salsa
2 tsp cumin
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
8 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese

tomatoes, chopped
sour cream
black olives, sliced

Saute first 6 ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
Place 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan (can overlap).
Spread half of black bean mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
Repeat process starting with tortillas.  Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

True to my word...Black Friday was spent at home in my jammies.
I was feeling anxious for a bit...wanting to go to Joann's so badly!
$1.50/yard flannel!
I ended up just going on-line and getting some for $1.99/yard with free shipping.
Can't wait of that package to come!

I hope you are enjoying December so far.
Keep it simple!

XOXO Tiffany

"My suggestion for simplifying food...is to limit choice and complexity.  Simplify the number of food options available to your kids, and simplify the tastes and ingredients of those options by backing away from highly processed and sweetened foods".
Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment