Thursday, January 16, 2014

Home.

Sweetie and I just took the kids on a 17-day road trip extravaganza.
We left Minnesota when it was 17 degrees below zero
and drove south to where it was 75 and sunny.
We ended up in Mexico.
My family...
you really see the "room for growth" areas when you spend
7-13 hours a day in a car...
and the remaining hours in a hotel room.
We discovered our Family New Years Resolution:
"Slow to Anger
Quick to Help"
If we can accomplish those two things...
I'm not sure we'd have a single problem!

On the 32 hour drive home,
Daisy suggested that we all list the top 5 things that we missed about home.
I think mine were:
1.  my quiet mornings
2.  cooking good food
3.  personal space
4.  my bed and pillows
5.  lighting a candle

I just put the last load of laundry into the wash,
the kitchen is clean,
though the table is filled with sea shells,
and I'm relaxing and getting caught up on Project Runway All Stars.

There's no place like home.

XOXO Tiffany

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (book 4)
**read this book on the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment