Monday, January 27, 2014

Key Lime Cuties

 I have been making this Key Lime Pie since 2002.
Sweetie sent my mom and I on a little trip to Florida,
(there was a lot going on at that time!)
and when I came home, I couldn't wait to make Key Lime Pie!
I picked this recipe, and have never made another one.
It is so good.
I've always made it "pie style" (it makes like 1 1/2 pies).
But, one time I was at my girlfriend Lindsey's house,
and she made these cute little single serving cheesecakes
in little 8 oz Kerr jars and I have been wanting to do that ever since!
I got my jars on Amazon.
Walmart is another good place to find them.
I think I will get a lot of use out of them.
It's nice that they are already in a single serving!
OK...here is the recipe!
I didn't take any pics of the process b/c I wasn't thinking "blog".
But, it's pretty basic.

Key Lime Pie/Cuties:
Graham Cracker Crust:
1 1/2 cups (about 20 squares) of graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar

Mix ingredients together and press into pie plate...
or, press 1 heaping tbsp into 12 (4 oz) Kerr jars.
You will have extra graham cracker crust...place extra into a pie plate, chill.

Pie:
16 oz cream cheese, softened
28 oz sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 tsp grated lime zest
1/4 tsp salt

1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp powdered sugar

Whip cream cheese until fluffy.  Add next 4 ingredients and whip until smooth.
Pour onto graham cracker crust (in jars or pie plate),
cover with lids or plastic wrap and chill.
Whip cream until soft peaks form.  Add vanilla and sugar.
Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.  Spread (or drop) whipped topping over pie(s).
Chill and enjoy!
 I transferred them to and from my fridge on a pizza pan.
 I put the leftover pie ingredients in a little casserole.
(could totally use a pie plate!)

I hope these instructions are clear.
I listed both options in case you wanted to do a pie
(and a half...it seriously makes a huge pie...maybe it would fit into a 9 x 13...IDK)
or the little cutie jars.
You really can't screw this one up.
I hope you try it!
It's kind of fun to have a yummy, refreshing, citrus-y dessert
when it's -19 degrees outside.
#dreamingofsummer
Hope you're keeping warm!

XOXO Tiffany

"They were chilly at the table, so after breakfast, they all gathered around the heater."
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment