Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Back to School 2014

 And then my babies were in 8th, 7th, and 5th grade.
Our 7th year of homeschooling.
No regrets.
 A bitter-sweet year for me.
My Daisy is heading to the high school next year.
I'm going to miss her something fierce.
 MJ...thank you for putting up with us ladies all day, every day.
I don't know how you do it.
You're going to make an awesome husband someday.
And probably a lawyer...because you sure do love to debate.

Lucy...thank you for keeping me on my toes.
You also keep me grounded and humble.
I can't get anything by you.  You're always so alert and so darn smart.
Maybe you'll be a nurse someday, and put all that wit and charm to use.

Daisy...thank you for being a leader.
You keep us on track.  Your desire to learn is contagious.
You are sweet, sensitive, and a people pleaser.
Your networking ability and people skills will take you far.
 I hope and pray that you have all enjoyed these years together.
Some days have been better than others.
I hope those are the ones we remember.
Maybe someday we'll giggle about the less than pleasant days.
 I hope you leave our homeschool with a love of learning.
I hope you go out into the world with a clear vision of God's plan for your lives.
I hope you make this world a better place.
I hope you love well.
And when you're ready to fly, remember to fly back home...often.
Mom and Dad will be waiting for you.
We'll eat chicken tacos.
And make chocolate banana malts for dessert.

Looking forward to all of the exciting years to come!

XOXO Mom

"What you believe sets the course of your life."
We can live to please people, or we can live to please God."
Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers

No comments:

Post a Comment