Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My 40th Birthday.

 I celebrated my 40th birthday yesterday...September 30th.
It was wonderful.
Matt grabbed donuts for breakfast...mmmmm.  And flowers.
The kids and I had hot chocolate with our donuts and watched a favorite movie of mine:
 Ballet Shoes.
Remember the book by Noel Streatfeild that Meg Ryan referred to in the movie You've Got Mail???
The book and movie do not disappoint.
 After the movie, I headed upstairs to read...and then got ready for the day.
The girls and I headed out to Caribou...something we like to do on our birthdays.
 In the evening, I watched MJ's football game (they won!).
Then we headed to Yaya and Poppy's for dinner.
 Among all the sweet gifts that I received that day, this one made me giggle out loud.
Thanks Mom.  It's hanging in our bathroom.
 I blew out 40 candles.
We ate cake and chatted.
Home and bed.
A very good day.
As I think about the events that will (most likely) occur in my 40's, it makes me pause for a bit.
My kids will all become teenagers,
they will learn to drive (gulp),
they will start to date (oh my),
they will graduate from high school,
they will head off to college,
Matt and I will become empty nesters.
I'm feeling like this will be a fairly big decade of change in our house.
Though, each decade brings on it's own amount of change.
I'm not ready...but here goes nothin'!
I think I'll pull out the book, The Power of a Praying Parent.
I'm thinking that will be a necessity.

Here's to the next 10 years!

XOXO Tiffany

"Raise us up as a generation who sets things right".  Jen Hatmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment