Monday, October 27, 2014

October Shelfie

I have really enjoyed this process of picking 5 books to focus on for the month.
I'm too likely to jump around from book to book if I don't focus my selection.
Next month, I'm planning to share my "November Shelfie" at the beginning of the month.
I won't be sharing my thoughts or ratings on each book.
But, if you are curious, feel free to comment below!
Here are the categories and books for this month:

1.  Family:  Crazy Mama by Hannah Keeley (Kindle)
2.  Classic:  Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
3.  Read Aloud:  Prince Caspian (and Voyage of the Dawn Treader) by C.S. Lewis (Narnia Series)
4.  Biography:  7 Men by Eric Metaxas (William Wilberforce chapter)
5.  Book Club:  Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers

It has been an enjoyable month of reading!
I'm still working on Wives and Daughters.  I'll be reading that one the rest of this week.  My goal is to get to chapter 30 by Friday...there are 60 chapters in the book.  I'll probably keep this book in my stack for November.  I'm really enjoying it.  I've almost got my November Shelfie narrowed down.  I'll post it next week.

A few quotes to share:

"The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."
"Forgiveness was evidence of a life surrendered to God."
Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers

"Soup and celery, I wish our leaders would think less about these old wives' tales and more about victuals and arms."
"Thimbles and Thunderstorms!"
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (words by Trumpkin the dwarf)

"When God gets a hold of you and wants to do something amazing with your life, he's going to have to squeeze all the gunk out of you.  The pride, the ego, the self-righteousness-it's all got to go.  God can't do anything with your life until it's emptied out."
"Start speaking the Word of God.  Start speaking the reality of your dreams and visions that He has given you."
"No one can be you and you can't be anyone else."
Crazy Mama by Hannah Keeley

"There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it."
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
(this classic line is read every day before we begin.  a family favorite.)

What are you reading lately???
Anything awesome that I should add to my list?
Have a wonderful last week of October!

XOXO Tiffany

"Tired, yes, but that will only make him more usable in the Lord's hands."
This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti

No comments:

Post a Comment