Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Planning! (part 1)

 While I was hoping for a 24-hour day to spend planning and praying for 2015,
I ended up with chunks of time instead.
A 5-hour chunk of time was my best time spent, and then there was an hour here
and a couple of hours there.  Eventually I got to a point where I was ready to ring in the New Year!

I use Apple Calendar on my MacBook Pro for all my calendar events and details.
I sync this with the calendar on my iPhone.
This is my main (master) calendar that I check daily.
I add details like "what to bring" to certain events + addresses.
I like the color coding option for the kids activities etc.

In addition to having my digital calendar,
I really enjoy having a paper planner of some sort where I can list all the nitty gritty bits of the day.
To do lists, journaling, meal planning, and schedule details all find their way on this daily plan sheet.
I designed my own planner this year, with a full planning page for each day of the year.
I purchased four 3-subject notebooks from Target.
Then, I divided my year into quarters.
Three month increments are much more manageable for planning purposes. 

The first page in the "month" section is a Month in Review page. (below)
I list any important dates to remember for the coming month.
I also list an Index for my Planning Pages that are in the back of the "month" section.
(More on the Planning Pages below)
I also list any gifts or cards that I want to purchase (or prepare) for the coming month.
 My Daily Planning Page has check boxes at the top for God, Plan, and Move.
This is a concept that I learned from Kat Lee at her Inspired to Action Blog.
She does a Hello Mornings challenge where you get up early each morning and only focus on three things: 
God Time, Planning Time, and Exercise (Move).
It is so simple and do-able, I love it!
Then I list out my Schedule for the day (center left).
And my To Do list for the day (center right).
Our Meal Plan (BLD for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
Then I leave room for my Journal at the bottom of the page.
Each night I write something I'm thankful for or happy about.
I also leave journal space up top under my check boxes so that I can journal from my God Time.
I usually write an inspiring verse or a passage out of my morning devotional.

After the Daily Pages, I have individual Planning Pages.
These pages include planning for things like birthdays, holidays, parties we're hosting, sewing plans, blog plans/ideas, and a home projects page.
 My goal for my Blog this year is simply to post 52 blog posts.
I'd like to keep it simple and consistent.
The weekly post will go live every Saturday morning at 5:30am.

I'm splitting this Planning Post into two parts.
Next Saturday, I'll share my daily schedule as well as some other goals for the year.

These four precious ones are the reason for my planning.
It's no small task raising a family and keeping the home fires burning.
(walking into the movie theatre on Christmas Day...
we saw Unbroken)

What are your plans for the 2015?
What is your favorite medium for keeping organized?

Hoping and Praying for a fabulous 2015!

XOXO Tiffany

"When you create the environment of service in your home and a heart of service toward the world, you establish a path for your children to embrace the cross and a relationship with Christ, through self-denial".
Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony

2 comments:

  1. We use the Cozi Family Organizer app, the calendar is nice but the shopping list is great because each of us can add items from our own device and it all sync's. I use the Outlook calendar for work which I can also sync with our iPhones. My plan for 2015 is to slow down. No more checking messages while I'm driving. It's illegal, and sets a bad example for Kimber who will eventually be driving so I need to set a stellar example. We also deliberately don't plan much which allows more time for rest or spontaneous activities based on how we're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Please don't look at your phone and drive! Our family is thinking of starting a Honk Campaign....where you are allowed to Honk at anyone looking at their phone. Not sure if that will add to the danger of the situation or not. Also love the "slow down" plan for 2015. Have a great year and see you soon:). XX Tiffy

      Delete