Saturday, March 14, 2015

Whipped Coconut Oil Body Cream




















I've been making this Whipped Coconut Oil Body Cream for 3 years now.  I love it so much.  I slather it on from face to toe after every single shower.  I posted about it here, and it continues to hold the record of most page views on my blog.  I have changed things slightly over the years, so I thought it was time for an update!
Ingredients:
Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (16 oz) $5.99 (bargain)
Almond Oil (3 tbsp)
Vitamin E Oil (1 tbsp)
Essential Oil Lemon (10 drops +) Young Living
8 oz Glass jars + lids (3)

Hint:  the lid from the coconut oil fits on a mason jar so you don't need to hassle with a two-piece lid.
Place your coconut oil into your mixer bowl and whisk on high for several minutes.
Add your almond, vitamin e and essential oils.  Continue to whisk.
Once it looks creamy or fluffy (depending on the temperature in your home), it's ready! 
Place in jars, lid, and enjoy!  Keep your oil in a cool location otherwise it will melt and lose the whipped feel.  
I still highly recommend the book The Coconut Oil Miracle.  One of the most interesting books that I've ever read.

I will be starting the Whole30 next Tuesday.  Have you heard of this???  It's a sort of re-set for healthy eating.  A program that came from the book It Starts with Food.  I got the book, I'm researching the method, and I'm starting it on Tuesday with a girlfriend and her cousin (though we all text daily and the cousin feels like a great friend already!).  Basically, you are eating real food, nothing processed, no sugar, no dairy.  Meat, veggies, fruit.  Seems do-able!?!  I guess I'm hoping to lose my addiction to carbs (pasta + bread + tortillas) plus get back to my Real Food diet.  An update will be coming.

Have a great weekend!

XOXO Tiffany

"I have learned that I cannot rely on what the world promises and the financial security that work brings me, but only God can provide real, eternal joy".  
The World is Bigger Now by Euna Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment