Saturday, April 25, 2015

5 Meals

My favorite post-Whole30 food is honey toast.
I can't get enough, though I limit myself to one slice a day.
Great Harvest Bread Co.'s honey whole wheat bread (just 5 ingredients!),
butter, and some local honey.

I finally got back into my 5 Meals again.
The Whole30, sickness, recovering from sickness, travel...all threw me off for a bit.
Lucy helped me come up with our 5 Meals for the week.
1.  I made a pot roast on Monday.
So nice to have that cooking away while we went about our day.
**lazy girl method...I did not brown my meat first.

2.  We also made these fabulous Creamy Chicken Tacos.
In Whole30 fashion, I passed on the tortillas and put mine over a
bed of lettuce and topped it with cilantro and avocado.

This meal was a guilty pleasure for the week.
3.  Penne Alfredo + Caesar Salad + french bread

Here's how I make my alfredo sauce:
Alfredo Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper

Heat butter and cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.  
Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.  Serve over 8-12 oz of pasta.

I added avocado and passed on the croutons and the french bread.
Worth every bite of pasta.
*note the small portion of pasta
**insert painful emoji face
***I could have eaten a big bowlful

4.  We also made tacos.
I just brown my ground beef in olive oil with a chopped onion and add
chili powder and cumin when it's done browning.
Again, I passed on the tortilla (I really love tortillas), and just tossed up a big taco salad.
#imforty #carbs=pounds

5.  Today I'm making meal 5...the best Potato Soup you have ever tasted!
We love potato soup, and I was making mine vegetarian
(no bacon) for a long time.
No bacon = no flavor.
You will LOVE this soup!

MJ's favorite breakfast is a toasted hard egg sandwich with sausage.
I'll have to get a picture of that sandwich sometime.
It's quite a sight, and he makes it all himself.

Have fun in the kitchen!

XOXO Tiffany

"...it's not hard to decide what you want your life to be about.  What's hard, she said, is figuring out what you're willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about."
Savor by Shauna Niequist

No comments:

Post a Comment