Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cooking and Sewing and Reading

It's Saturday morning, and I just sat down to my coconut latte.
I'm going to get my weekly blog post out, and then it's back to the kitchen.
We're celebrating birthday's and mother's day tonight with my family, my brothers family, my parents, and my grandma Ruta.
My menu:
Calico Beans
Gourmet Potatoes
Asian Cabbage Salad
Peach Pie
I brought this Rainbow Fruit Salad (+ cheese and crackers) to the most amazing prime rib dinner party at a friends house last night.

Honey Chicken Kabobs marinating.

Calico Beans in the crockpot.
I still need to set the table and prepare the rest of the menu.
Looking forward to spending the day in the kitchen.
Also looking forward to some little breaks out on the deck.
The weather is amazing!

Not much has been happening in the sewing room.
I made 50 fitted crib sheets for Bundles of Love.
And sewed some hems for a friend and myself.
Fixed a couple of things for Lucy.
Not much else at this point.
The more time I give to sewing, the more I have no idea what's for dinner.
Something has to take the back burner, and my Etsy shop is that thing.
For this season anyway.
I really like feeding my family.


Reading...trying (trying trying trying) to finish the 870 pages of Harry Potter book 5!
Also reading Scary Close by Donald Miller for our small group (love it).
My stack of books waiting for me to pick up is getting bigger and bigger.
Summer reading...can't wait.  3 weeks of Miller homeschool left...yes!

I'm off to make some homemade ice cream.
Have a great weekend!

XOXO Tiffany

"She looked around at Harry, her face glowing, and he saw that the presence of hundreds of books had finally convinced Hermione that what they were doing was right."
Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment